Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Late Summer Camping Fun

D and I had a great trip to High Cliff State Park near Appleton, WI.  3 days of perfect weather.  Lots of spiders everywhere.  Is it just me, or is it a spidery year?  It was crazy to see huge webs in the morning where there were none the night before.  Those spiders are industrious!

We also saw a walking stick insect.  It was climbing up the gray cinder blocks of the pit toilet house, so we could see it clearly.  It just sat there very still.  Such an odd-looking insect!  It really does look exactly like a stick.  If I was a Millennial I would have whipped out my $900 phone and taken a quick snap, then forwarded it to all my friends and relatives.  But I'm a Baby Boomer, so I just have a picture of the walking stick in my mind.  That will do.


No comments: