Monday, May 25, 2009

Handsome and Handy

Red Green says "If women don't find you handsome, they can always find you handy." With Dan, I have the best of both worlds! Here he is, using odds and ends found in our basement constructing some nifty supports for my Earthbox tomatoes. If we don't have a tornado or gale-force winds, they should support the thousands of tomatoes the Earthbox folks have promised me! :)

My vegetable seedlings are thriving in the Earthboxes. So far, so good.

In other garden news, my violet clematis is blooming. It is so beautiful it just about brings tears to my eyes! I have had this little clematis for over 15 years. It only gets partial sun, so it never gets very big. Some years it looks pretty pathetic, with only one or two blooms. But with our record-breaking rainy Spring, everything is putting on a show this year.


No comments: