Sunday, May 31, 2009

Handome and Handy, Part Deux

Here's Handsome and Handy Dan, beginning the process of putting together our new gas grill. Look -- he's reading the instructions! I told you he was smart.
This thing came in a large box with 14,569 little pieces, all neatly shrink-wrapped, along with a 49,046 page book of instructions. Engineering degree not included.

The first thing Dan did was put a tarp down on the deck so that all of the precious little bits of hardware didn't disappear between the deck boards. See, I told you he was smart.

I was standing by, serving as "Lovely Assistant." Our conversation would go something like this:
Dan: Will you hand me that screwdriver with the yellow handle?
Me: What do you say?
Dan: Please, Lovely Assistant, will you hand me that screwdriver with the yellow handle?
Me: No.
But of course, I kid. I am a very good Lovely Assistant. I am especially good at standing by, wringing my hands and looking worried when things aren't going well. But with Handsome, Handy Dan in charge, things usually go very well.
It's starting to look like a grill!

I'm very happy to say that we had delicious grilled chicken breasts on this baby several hours after this picture was taken. Life is grand!

No comments: