Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I Heart Weight Watchers

Today marks 4 months on Weight Watchers! I started one gorgeous spring day, May 2, 2009. I remember walking home from my first meeting, thinking "this will be a new healthy beginning for me." And it really has been. I've lost 31 lbs and I feel soooo much better.
I like counting points; it makes a lot of sense to me. I can eat whatever I want, nothing is off limits. I have really not denied myself anything these last 4 months -- I have just adjusted how much of or how often I have a particular goody, like a gin martini, for instance! I could never follow a "diet" that restricted something like carbs. I have always eaten healthy food, and I have always liked to cook, so it may be easier for me to do this point thing than it may be for others. My problem is portions! If one big bowl of Greek salad is good, why not 3 big bowls? Everything I ate had to be in huge, lumberjack portions. I always wanted more. WW has taught me what a proper portion looks like, and if I want to be slender I will have to keep track of my food intake every day for the rest of my life. It's worth it!! I can actually tie my shoes without asphyxiating myself. That's a good, good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow - that's great! 31 pounds in 4 months you should be so proud!

I still calorie count, but WW is how I lost 70 pounds - I've gained 30 pounds back since being put on insulin and its much harder losing the weight this time around since I am 9 years older! :D

Keep up the GREAT work!