Monday, July 10, 2017

Hot!

It has been a hot summer so far, and I think we are in for a steamy July.  Not as bad as the west, though.  Phoenix has been in the 110's for a while, as high as 118.  I can't imagine!

We have been having fun playing in the sprinkler and tossing water balloons with Lily.  As a bonus, my lawn and garden gets watered.  As a non-bonus, my water bill goes up.  Oh well, it's pay to play.  We'll conserve water in the winter!

It's been too hot to take the camper out, we were hoping to go up to Illinois Beach State Park for a few days this week but a high temperature of 95 degrees has me shaking my head.  Even with lovely Lake Michigan, still too hot.  No air conditioning in our hard-sided, A-frame camper, and I am a big baby about heat and humidity.  Best to just stay put and enjoy the park district pools and squirting the hose in my own backyard.  It has a mist setting that feels so good after working in the garden.  Ahhh

I am trying to cut down on gin martinis.  I have been having one every day for weeks now!  Bad habit, because of course I have to have a snack along with the drink, and then I throw all dinner eating caution to the wind as well.  Bah.  Today is Monday, and I am putting the brakes on.  I will toast the afternoons with iced tea.  Good luck to me!

1 comment:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

I'm trying to cut out alcohol, too, but I just learned that vodka is alcohol! What gives?