Friday, January 2, 2015

A Good Day

January 1 was a nice, stay-at-home day for me.  I did some relaxing, reading the paper with my morning latte and playing Words With Friends with my friend Sharon.

If it's true that what you do on the first day of the year will set the tone for the entire year to follow, I'm in good shape.  I did my favorite things -- relaxing at home and cooking.  I made good use of our Christmas ham bone, and made split pea soup.  It's chilling on the back porch, I'll finish it up tonight and we will have it for dinner.  I dearly love split pea soup!  I also made Hoppin' John for dinner, it's supposed to be good luck to eat black eyed peas on New Year's Day.

I did a lot of peeking out the back porch windows at my cats.  I love to watch them, even if they are just eating and stretching.  They do a lot of stretching!

This is Brando, he is so adorable:


My food was very moderate, too.  And, per my resolution, I logged everything that I ate.  All in all, a very good start to the New Year!

No comments: